What you can expect of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy consultations
The Initial consultation
This is an opportunity for you to get to know me and to share, in a relaxed and confidential setting, those things you want to change.
We will then take an enlightening tour of the mind and its workings as it relates to your personal experiences. This is an empowering process as you gain a clear, practical and encouraging insight of how your mind works. This allows you to easily focus more mental resources and energy to create the positive future to which you aspire.
Only when you have a thorough understanding of how we are going to work with trance will we start working with hypnosis from the second consultation onwards.
At the Initial Consultation I will give you a free Hypnotherapy CD to listen to each night on going to bed and the process starts to work immediately.
When you return for your subsequent consultations you will already be aware of positive changes taking place and we will focus on those positive experiences you have generated and build on them into the future.
It really is as simple as that. Solution Focused Therapy works very fast; a few inspiring weekly sessions will will see you completely reoriented and the changes you wish to make firmly and permanently established.
The Initial Consultation Structure In Detail:
My initial consultation is thorough and involves
1. Finding out precisely what you want to achieve from therapy
2. In the case of specific phobias checking for possible trauma related to your symptoms.
3. Assessing your general underlying levels of anxiety and stress through direct measurement and the assessment of common behavioural and physiological symptoms.
4. Explaining the brain functions relating to your experiences and the means of altering these and maintaining lower levels of anxiety and reducing your stress related symptoms.
5. An explanation of the therapy methods we will be using to deal directly with your symptoms.
6. Instructions for activities for you to practice and other preparations for the therapy sessions.
7. Giving you a Hypnotherapy audio CD with instructions on how to use this.